Our Shared Values
Our shared values are the important qualities we try to live by and show in our relationships with others, and in the way we go about our work in our school. They are represented in our school vision and are an integral part of the daily life of our school.
manaakitanga - respect
whakaute - responsibility
māia - confidencewhanaungatanga - teamwork
At Milton Primary School we believe that:
- Everyone is to be encouraged to develop independence and personal excellence
- Everyone will receive the best possible education
- An open-door environment is actively encouraged – parent involvement is valued
- We will be kind, courteous, respectful, and responsible
- We will develop confidence and self-esteem
- Qualities of honesty and integrity will be fostered
- Everyone will learn to set personal goals and how to achieve them
- Showing initiative will be encouraged
- We will demonstrate thinking that is critical, creative, and reflective
- We will learn about the environment and understand ways to care for it in a sustainable way.