Milton Primary School - Respect, Responsibility, Confidence

About Us

Milton Primary School, established in 1966, is a state funded contributing school (Years 1-6) and provides primary school education for children of the Tokomairiro district.  We are situated adjacent to Tokomairiro High School and Milton Kindergarten. 

Our school is an attractive, safe and well maintained learning environment.  Our board of trustees and staff are excited about our classroom renovation programme to create new Modern Learning Environments that cater for the learning needs of 21st century learners. 

Milton Primary School has a roll of approximately 170 students.  We welcome akonga (students), inclusive of all abilities, learning needs and cultures, into our positive and inclusive learning environment.  In 2017, the school ethnicity is made up of:

• 22% Māori
  • 75% New Zealand European
  • 1% Asian
  • 2% Pasifika
  •  

At Milton Primary School many opportunities exist for students to develop skills through cultural and sporting interests, extra curricula activities, and leadership development.The school community has high expectations for student achievement and this is fostered by a well-qualified and competent staff, alongside a supportive parent community.  Our school community not only brings to the school a diverse cultural background but also a diverse social and economic background. 

The school welcomes involvement of parents and caregivers in the school environment and strives to provide many enriching opportunities to encourage this involvement and support.  We have developed strong home-school partnerships and communication networks.