Our beliefs about individual needs and strengths
We aim to cater for diverse learners, recognise that children learn differently, and promote ways of children taking ownership and being active learners.
Catering for Individual Needs at Milton Primary School
· Children with individual needs will be given quality learning experiences that enable them to achieve
· Teachers have access to resources and specialist help
· Programmes to support literacy needs include: HPP, Talk to Learn, Reading Recovery, ALL, Reading Together and Quick 60.
· Programmes to support mathematics needs: ALiM, Targeted Learning Groups
· Children entering Milton Primary School with English as their second language will be provided with individual programmes to meet their needs
· Teacher aides are available to support classroom programmes